Forbes named Lagos third worst city for drivers
Forbes has named Lagos State, Nigeria as the third worst city for drivers in the world, with 60 per cent congestion and 10.70mph average speed.
The Nigerian city was ranked third next to Karachi, Pakistan which has 59 per cent congestion, 11.20mph average speed and Kolkata, with India topping the list.
Forbes listed the German city of Dusseldorf as first among the best city for drivers, with 20 per cent congestion, and 21.20mph average speed.
According to the website, the list was arrived at after considering the following: an analysis of local congestion levels, an average cost of parking and fuel, average roadway speeds, air pollution levels, number of traffic injuries, and road quality.
It also considered the frequency and perception of road rage.
In the analysis of 100 international cities, Lagos is the only city in Africa that appeared on the list:
ere are the 10 worst spots on the globe for what we imagine are chronically cranky motorists:
1. Kolkata , India : 69% congestion, 11.20 mph average speed
2. Karachi,Pakistan : 59% congestion,11.20 mph average speed
3. Lagos, Nigeria : 60% congestion,10.70 mph average speed
4. Ulaanbaatar, Mongolia :65% congestion,21.80 mph average speed
5. Mumbai,India: 67% congestion ,8.10 mph average speed
6. Bangalore, India: 64% congestion, 18.70 mph average speed
7.Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam; 64% congestion ,14.90 mph average speed
8. Bogota, Colombia; 48% congestion, 12.50 mph average speed
9. Mexico City, Mexico ; 665 congestion, 17.50 mph average speed
10. Istanbul, Turkey: 49% congestion, 11.80 mph average speed
1. Dusseldorf, Germany: 20% congestion,21. 20 mph average speed 2.Dubai,UAE: 26% congestion, 31.70 mph average speed 3.Zuric, Switzerland: 31% congestion,25.50 mph average speed 4.Tokyo,Japan : 26% congestion,30.50mph average speed
5. Basel, Switzerland : 27% congestion, 17.50 mph average speed
6. Singapore, Singapore : 38% congestion.32.40 mph average speed
7. Dortmund, Germany : 23% congestion ,19.90 mph average speed 8.Vienna, Austria : 31% congestion ,28.00 mph average speed
9. Munich, Germany: 30% congestion , 27.40 mph average speed
10. Calgary, Canada ; 205 congestion ,26.80 mph average speed