NIFOR, PZ Wilmar sign MoU to boost oil palm production

PZ Wilmar and the Nigeria Institute of Oil Palm Research (NIFOR) on Friday signed a Memorandum of Understanding to boost palm oil production through research and human capacity building.

The event, which took place in Abuja, was witnessed by the Minister of Agriculture and Rural Development, Chief Audu Ogbeh.

Mr Kola Jamodu, Chairman, PZ Wilmar, who signed on behalf of the company, said that the essence of the MoU was to promote research into how Nigeria could regain its lost position in Palm oil production.

Jamodu said that PZ Wilmar had three locations covering 30, 000 hectares of land and the first set of the company’s fruits has started coming out.

According to him, the essence of the whole exercise was to boost production and promote research activities.

He said, “We thought to share our knowledge with NIFOT to translate it into other farmers to provide employment opportunity to thousands or millions of unemployed youths across the country.

Dr Omorefe Asemota, Executive Director, NIFOR, said that this was a milestone for the country and the palm oil industry in the country because PZ was a major stakeholders in the development of agricultural sector.

He said, “We need investors and strong research because that is where PZ input comes in, in term of technology input and between this two, you need synergy.

“It is important for research to fill the impulse of the industry and it is also important for the industry to partner directly with the research institutions for quality output.

“We are very pleased that PZ and NIFOR had long discussion and had been able to reach this understanding today. We are looking forward to a very bright future.”

20 thoughts on “NIFOR, PZ Wilmar sign MoU to boost oil palm production

• September 11, 2016 at 8:04 am

Some genuinely interesting details you have written.Assisted me a lot, just what I was looking for : D.

• September 24, 2016 at 11:21 pm

In my view, business247ng.com does a good job of handling issues of this kind! Even if ofttimes intentionally polemic, the material posted is in the main well-written and stimulating.

• September 27, 2016 at 12:01 pm

9/27/2016 I’m pleased with the way that business247ng.com covers this type of subject matter. Usually to the point, sometimes contentious, without fail thoughtful and also thought-provoking.

• September 28, 2016 at 9:34 pm

9/28/2016 @ 17:34:16 In my view, business247ng.com does a good job of handling subjects of this kind. While often deliberately polemic, the posts are in the main well researched and thought-provoking.

• September 30, 2016 at 12:55 am

I’m gratified with the way that business247ng.com handles this sort of subject matter. Usually to the point, sometimes controversial, consistently well-researched and also thought-provoking.

• September 30, 2016 at 4:19 pm

I generally agree with your opinion on this subject and look forward to additional posts and comments here at business247ng.com. Thanks!

• October 2, 2016 at 1:53 pm

10/2/2016 In my opinion, business247ng.com does a good job of dealing with subject matter of this sort! While often deliberately contentious, the posts are in the main well researched and challenging.

• October 3, 2016 at 3:43 am

I generally agree with your take on this topic and look forward to additional posts and comments here at business247ng.com. Thanks!

• October 6, 2016 at 1:16 am

In my opinion, business247ng.com does a great job of handling subject matter of this sort. Even if ofttimes deliberately polemic, the posts are generally thoughtful and stimulating.

• October 9, 2016 at 3:57 pm

I enjoy your opinion on this subject and look forward to additional posts and comments here at business247ng.com. Keep up the good work!

• October 12, 2016 at 12:30 pm

In my estimation, business247ng.com does a good job of handling subjects like this! While frequently deliberately controversial, the material posted is generally thoughtful and thought-provoking.

• October 18, 2016 at 2:22 am

Excellent read. I just forwarded this on 10/17/2016 to a coworker who’s been involved in a little research of her own on the topic. To say thank you, they just bought me a drink! So, let me express my gratitude by saying: Cheers for the drink!

• October 19, 2016 at 11:32 am

Some times its a pain in the ass to read what people wrote but this internet site is real user friendly! .

• October 19, 2016 at 1:33 pm

I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good. I do not know who you are but definitely you are going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

• October 23, 2016 at 1:47 am

Appreciate this site– very user-friendly and lots to see!

• October 25, 2016 at 3:11 pm

Good, solid content. I just now passed this on 10/25/2016 to a colleague who’s been involved in some work of their own on the topic. To say thanks, he just bought me dinner! So, I guess I should say: Cheers for the drink!

Comments are closed.